Lots of Family Places to Go and enjoy a day out in Ireland.
From Parks and Gardens to Historical Buildings, Activity and Adventure Centres and much much more! Enjoy!
If you think there is somewhere that we have missed please Contact Us and we will do our best to add it to this page as well.
PARKS & GARDENS
- Aras an Uachtarain (The Irish White House), Phoenix Park, Dublin 8 – president.ie,theprincipal workplace of the President of Ireland from 1750, situated in the middle of nature, where you can explore a colorful history.
- Airfield Estate,Dundrum, Dublin 14– airfield.ie, is Dublin’s working farm, kitchen, education and food destination, where you can enjoy a peaceful walk and explore the designed, ornamental gardens and the urban farm.
- Killruddery House & Gardens, Bray, Co. Wicklow – killruddery.com, is a wonderful place to escape for a great day out, discover hidden gem in the midst, beautiful planting, wooded areas and water features.
- Phoenix Park, Dublin 15– phoenixpark.ie, one of the largest enclosed city parks in Europe, ideal for seasonal events with the family in the beautiful surroundings, flower garden, lakes, deer, squirrels even badgers and rabbits.
- Battle of the Boyne Visitor Centre, Drogheda, Co. Meath –battleoftheboyne.ie,that place brings to life the historic events ,dated as the largest battle in Irish history, part of a wider struggle for power across 17th century Europe.
- War Memorial Gardens, Islandbridge, Dublin 8 – heritageireland.ie, are oneof the most famous memorial gardens in Europe, dedicated to the memory of Irish Soldiers, considerate a place of remembrance and great architectural interest and beauty.
- Irish National Stud & Gardens, Kildare Town, Co. Kildare – irishnationalstud.ie,find here a unique experience and one of Ireland’s true treasures, visiting the beautiful Japanese Garden, and experience the magic for yourself.
- Dun Laoghaire Pier Walk, Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin – mymao.ie, is a popular walking route, perfect place to take a stroll, breathe in the sea air and enjoy stunning views of Dublin Bay.
- The Kildare Maze, Co. Kildare – thekildaremaze.com, is a fabulous attraction, focused on providing a challenging and exciting day out with good old fashioned fun, out in the fresh air, is a great place for families to enjoying day together.
- Oak Park, Oakpark, Co. Carlow– carlowgardentrail.com/oak_park_forest_park.htm, is a relaxing and pleasurable experience, color-coded circular walkways of varying lengths with excellent accessible surfaces, ideal opportunity to interact with nature.
- Glenroe Farm, Kilcoole, Wicklow– glenroefarm.com, a family run open farm located along the coast of North Wicklow, a great play and picnic areas, both covered and open air, ideal location for a family day out.
- Powerscourt Gardens, Enniskerry, Wicklow– powerscourt.com, one of the most beautiful gardens in Ireland, that incorporates the most famous house and gardens, perfect for a good relax, walk and amazing views.
- Bushy Park, Dublin 6W– Bushy Park | Dublin City Council, great view and time to spend in a wonderful location with a several facilities like : Leisure Walks, Playground, River, Sea and Sports Fields.
- Stephens Green, Dublin 2– St. Stephens Green Information, take a break with your Family and find out an oasis of green calm in the middle of a bustling city, visit several number of important sculptural monuments to Irish history, different species of birds and plants and a playground.
- Dublin Zoo, Phoenix Park, Dublin 15– dublinzoo.ie, is the most popular attraction in Dublin, with a great location in the heart of the city it’s a place to learn about wild animals, especially those which are endangered, where education and conservation combine for an exciting and unforgettable experience!
- Ardgillan Castle, Balbriggan, Co, Dublin– Ardgillan Castle Information,a magnificent view of the Mourne Mountains, as well as the castle, the demesne features a walled and rose garden both of which present an orderly profusion of color, a full range of facilities the public can avail of, including castle tours, theatre events, afternoon tea and children’s parties.
- National Botanical Gardens, Glasnevin, Dublin 9– National Botanic Gardens, Glasnevin, treat yourself and your Family and visit an oasis of calm and beauty, the gardens contain important collections of plant species and cultivars from all over the world
- The People’s Park, Dun Laoghaire– People’s Park Dun Laoghaire,located on the edge of Dún Laoghaire, makes every weekend a perfect day, find there a Family Market where you can buy a wide variety of food products, art, crafts and a Playground for the Children.
- Anne’s Park, Raheny, Dublin 5– St Annes Park | Dublin City Council, fabulous place for a perfect day off, find a several facilities like : Leisure Walks, Pavilion, River, Sports Filed and Wildlife.
- Dodder Valley Linear Park, Rathfarnham– Dodder Valley Linear Park | South Dublin County Council, a unique and priceless asset and natural conservation value, the park offers a rich heritage, outstanding scenery and a sanctuary for peaceful recreation.
- Rathfarnham Castle – Playground and Castle– Visit Dublin – Kids Dublin – Rathfarnham Castle, was one of a chain of castles built to protect Dublin, wonderful to spend time exploring the design, history and secret tunnels
- Newbridge House, Donabate, Co. Dublin– newbridgehouseandfarm.com, is the most complete Anglo Irish estate in Ireland, great time for relax, and enjoy , exploring the collection from the family of the original furniture, pictures and other works of art on display in the main rooms open to the public
- Malahide Castle, Malahide, Co. Dublin– malahidecastleandgardens.ie, is an magnificent & historic castle that was home to the Talbot family for over 800 years, find the Butterfly House, fabulous Garden & Fairy Trail and Summer Concerts.
- The Rathwood Park, Co.Wicklow– rathwood.com , the perfect place for family day out take a trip on Rathwood’s Express Train through the woods and stop at the pond to feed the ducks, garden center with plants, flowers, seeds and ornaments for every garden, playground and forest walk.
- Dublin`s City Hall, Dame Street, Dublin 2 – dublincity.ie, an outstanding example of the Georgian architecture, with atmospheric vaults, where visitor can relax and enjoy the coffee in the lower ground floor of this magnificent 18thcentury building.
- Dublin Castle, Dame Street, Dublin 2 – dublincastle.ie,founded over 800 years ago, is at the heart of the nation’s capital, considerate as one of the most famous buildings in Ireland.
- Mansion House, Dawson Street, Dublin 2 – mansionhouse.ie, located in the heart of Dublin, is the official residence of the Lord Mayor for over 300 years, that has a rare style architecture.
- Science Gallery, Trinity College, Dublin 2– dublin.sciencegallery.com,is aworld first dynamic and vibrant cultural space, developing events and exhibitions between art, design and emerging technology.
- Chester Beauty Library, Dublin Castle, Dublin 2 – cbl.ie,opens for you a window of artistic treasure of the great culture and religion in the world, discover amazing manuscripts, miniature, paintings, drawings, rare books and decorative arts.
- Dalkey Heritage Town, Dalkey, Co. Dublin – dalkeycastle.com, enjoy the town beautiful coastal scenery at a popular tourist destination with a rich and vibrant history, great choice of galleries, shops, cafes make Dalkey the perfect day out with your family.
- Old Mellifont Abbey, Drogheda, Co. Louth – heritageireland.ie, the first Cistercian Monastery in Ireland, with one of the most unusual features, discover the history and enjoy the fantastic architecture.
- The Four Courts, Inn`s Quay, Dublin 7 – courts.ie, is Ireland main courts building, based on old design, where you can explore the fabulous view and history.
- Richmond Barracks, Inchicore, Dublin 8 – richmondbarracks.ie, discover this lost chapter of Kilmainham’s and Inchicore’s history in the heart of Dublin, multimedia attraction from military barracks to housing estate and from school, to Exhibition Centre.
- RHA Gallery, Ely Place, Dublin 2 – rhagallery.ie, is designed to introduce artists, explore the developing and challenging of the public`s appreciation, find out how to understand the traditional innovative approaches to visual arts.
- Events at Christ Church Cathedral, Christchurch Place, Dublin 8 – ChristChurchCathedral.ie, is a top visitor attraction, and also a wonderful events venue, from Summer & Christmas concerts to choral evenings and special performance by famous Choir.
- Castletown House & Parklands, Celbridge, Co. Kildare – castletown.ie, is Ireland`s first, finest and large Palladian, with extraordinary scale, decoration, plasterwork, collection and exhibitions that continue to bring life to the unique history.
- Chostbus Tour, O`Connell Street, Dublin 1 – dodublin.ie, discover the darker side of Dublin on 2-hour bus tour, hear about ghostly legends, body snatching and spine-chilling mysteries especially on Halloween.
- Famine Memorial, Custom House Quay, Dublin 1 –these statues commemorate the Great Famine of the mid-19th century, find out why they are considerate one of the profound effects on Irish society, also discover the design and best of artistic material.
- Butlers Chocolates Factory, Dublin –butlerschocolates.com, is Irish owned manufacturer of luxury chocolate, spend a perfect day with your family, find out the secialist chocolatier and coffee chain, serving handmade sweets, pastries and sandwiches for free, jut pay the enter fee, buy the most delicious chocolates, and share with your friends and relatives.
- TickTock Activity Farm, Wicklow– tick-tockactivityfarm.ie, farm located in the lovely countryside where your children will have a fun filled day holding and feeding a wide variety of animals including rabbits, sheep and donkeys, with a full access, you’re your children have fun and you can take a break at a coffee shop with traditional food.
- National Sea Life Centre, Co. Wicklow– Bray SEA LIFE Aquarium, perfect Family fun day out, explore the Sea Life of several different species of fish and find yourself in another world, find there a kids quiz trail, a coloring table, an indoor play area for younger children, and hourly public feeds of ours animals.
- Dublinia and the Viking World, Dublin 8– dublinia.ie, located at the crossroads of the medieval city where modern and old Dublin meet, it`s history brought to life in an exciting way for all to engage, learn and share, you can visit Viking and Medieval Dublin, see Archaeology as a History Hunter and climb the medieval St Michael’s Tower. At Dublinia.
- National Transport Museum, Howth, Co,Dublin– The National Transport Museum of Ireland, a lovely Museum that deserve to be visited, a fabulous tourist attraction brings you back to past, great old vehicles, trams, buses and commercial vehicles.
- Greenan Farm Museum and Maze, Wicklow– Greenan Farm Maze & Museums, spend the whole day wandering around the farm in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, with loads of attractions, a great day out for all the family, the farm is suitable for all ages, ranging from toddlers to senior citizens, children’s parties and adult group tours.
- Newbridge Silverware Museum of Style Icons, Newbridge, Co. Kildare – newbridgesilverware.com, houses one of the world`s greatest collection of style, fashion and popular culture artefacts, see garments, valuable photographs and private letters, enjoy your perfect day.
- Kilmainham Gaol Museum, Kilmainham, Dublin 8 – kilmainhamgaolmuseum.ie, is one of the largest unoccupied gaols in Europe, that includes a major political and penal history, audio and video show.
- National Leprechaun Museum, Jervis Street, Dublin 1 –leprechaunmuseum, themuseum is dedicated to Irish folklore and mythology, through the oral tradition of storytelling, come on a voyage back to your childhood, bring back the memories and immerse yourself in a world of myth and legend.
ACTIVITY AND ADVENTURE CENTRES
- Tayto Park, Ashbourne, Co. Dublin– taytopark.ie, spend a lovely weekend and visit the most attractive Park, get unforgettable fun experience and reach the most wonderful heights.
- Awesome Walls Climbing Centre, Finglas, Dublin11– Awesome Walls Climbing Centers
- Kart-City Raceway, Dublin Airport– Kart City Raceway
- Tricky Tricksters Magic Castle, Naas, Co. Kildare– Magic Castle
- Dome Family Entertainment Centre, Carlow– The Dome
- Clara Lara Fun Park Wicklow– claralara.com
- Funtasia Waterpark, Co. Louth– funtasia.ie
- Zipit Forest Adventures, Dublin & Roscommon– Zipit Forest Adventures
- Viking Splash Tours– Viking Splash Tours
- Jumpzone Trampoline Park, Dublin locations– jumpzone.ie
- Pirates Village, Liffey Valley, Dublin– Pirates Adventure Village
- Leisureplex, Dublin locations & Cork– leisureplex.ie
- Gymboree Play & Music, Nationwide– Gymboree Play & Music Ireland
- Imaginosity, Sandyford, Dublin 18– imaginosity.ie
- Kidzone, Swords, Co. Dublin– KidZone Swords Play and Party Centre
- Fun Galaxy, Dublin locations– Fun Galaxy
- Eco Adventure Ireland, Various locations– EcoAdventure Ireland
- Gaiety Theatre, Dublin 2– The Gaiety Theatre – Irish Theatre in Dublin, For 146 years The Gaiety Theatre has given the people of Dublin opera, musicals, drama, revues, comedy, concerts, dance, festivals and pantomime
- The Pavilion Theatre, Dun Laoghaire– Pavilion Theatre, it is a cultural hive of activity and entertainment for thousands of visitors each year, it is exciting and diverse programs of events entertains audiences from all over Ireland and the world.
- The 3 Arena, Dublin 3– 3Arena, a stunning, state-of-the-art entertainment venue, with the kind of world-class acoustics that great music deserves
- Bord Gais Energy Theatre, Dublin 2– Bord Gáis Energy Theatre, every year, presenting something for everyone via a very diverse program of theatrical experiences to meet everyone’s passion and interests including ballets, musicals, family shows, drama, concerts, comedy, orchestral and opera.
- National Concert Hall, Dublin 2– The National Concert Hall , is a national cultural institution and the designated home of music in Ireland, that offer world class music, inspiring arts experiences and entertainment for all ages.
- The Ark, Dublin– The Ark, Dublin. Arts & Entertainment isa cultural center for Children and Families, that create opportunities for children, along with their families and friends or with their school, to discover and love art, view engaging exhibitions or participate in creative workshops.
- Odeon Cinemas, Nationwide– ODEON Cinemas
- Cineworld Cinema, Dublin– Cineworld Cinemas
- IMC Cinemas, Nationwide– IMC Cinemas
- Movies @, Swords & Dundrum– Movies @ Cinemas
- Vue Cinema, Dublin– Vue Cinemas in Dublin
Browse other Parenting Guide articles from Nanny Options
or keep up to date with us on Facebook.