When you take up a full time nanny position, with a family that involves travel. There needs to be some flexibility between both family and Nanny, as this is important to maintain a happy working/travelling environment for everyone.
As part of our series of Nanny Tips, you will need to discuss and agree the following before you take any position that involves travelling:
- Expected hours of work
- Payment for hours worked
- Working weekends
- Travelling weekends
- Travel and accommodation details
- An allowance to do activities and sightseeing with the children
- Eating meals with family and/or children or taken separately
- Eat in hotel/room service you should agree to a budget for each meal taken in restaurant or room service.
- Insurance when travelling
- Time off
- Sharing accommodation with children
- Extra babysitting
As expected, getting it right before you leave can make all the difference to your trip and your continuing working relationship with the family.