Valentine’s Day Placemat
Your children can weave this Valentine’s Day placemat in pretty colors to decorate the table on Valentine’s Day.
You will need:
- Sheet of pink card
- Pink and red paper
- Glue or tape
- Fold the card in half lengthways. Cut long lines in the card about 1 inch apart and about 1 inch from the edge of the card.
- Cut the paper into strips about 1 inch wide.
- Take a strip of paper and pass it under the pink card and then up through the first slit, down through the second and back up through the third and so on until you reach the other side of the card.
- Push it up so it sits as close to the top of the red card as it can reach.
- Repeat with a different colored strip of paper, starting the other way, down through the first slit and up through the second and so on.
- Repeat until the card is full and then you could add a heart with a private message.
- Laminating will protect your mat.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.