Valentine’s Cake Pop’s
Simple to make, these little Valentine’s Cake Pop’s will make great Valentine’s Day gifts for Mum or dad any time of the year.
Ingredients that you will need:
- Plain or chocolate sponge,
- Vanilla or chocolate Icing (amount depends on moistness of cake, use two big spoonful’s)
- 2 boxes Premium white chocolate
- Cake pop sticks
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
- Add in Icing a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer, dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Stick the decorated cake pop into a Styrofoam block to finish setting.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.