Valentine’s Cake Pop’s
Simple to make, these little Valentine’s Cake Pop’s will make great Valentine’s Day gifts for Mum or dad any time of the year.
Ingredients that you will need:
- Plain or chocolate sponge,
- Vanilla or chocolate Icing (amount depends on moistness of cake, use two big spoonful’s)
- 2 boxes Premium white chocolate
- Cake pop sticks
- Add cake to a large bowl.
- Crumble until it resembles fine crumbs
- Add in Icing a little bit at a time until cake is moist and can hold a ball shape.
- Use a mini ice cream scoop and scoop out two balls of cake mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a tight ball and place on a plate.
- Repeat until all the cake mixture has been rolled into balls.
- Melt 2-4 ounces of white chocolate in the microwave.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop sticks into the white chocolate and insert into the cake balls about half-way.
- Freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Melt the remaining chocolate in a large cup. Make sure you have enough chocolate to completely submerge the cake ball.
- Remove cake balls from freezer, dip cake balls carefully into the chocolate until covered.
- Let the excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Stick the decorated cake pop into a Styrofoam block to finish setting.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.
Browse other Arts and Crafts ideas from Nanny Options or keep up to date with us on Facebook.