Valentine Jelly Hearts
Celebrate Valentine’s Day with your children and these delicious Valentine Jelly Hearts
You will need:
- 4 (3oz.) boxes Strawberry Jelly or Raspberry Jelly
- 2 envelopes Unflavored Gelatin
- 5½ cups boiling water
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ½ cup cold Water
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Spray an 8 x 12 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the 4 packages of Strawberry or Raspberry Jelly.
- Mix in 4 cups boiling water and stir for about 2 minutes, or until dissolved.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight until firm.
- In a medium bowl add the ½ cup cold water and sprinkle the gelatin over the top, let stand for 1 minute.
- Stir in 1½ cups boiling water and sweetened condensed milk, mix well and allow to cool.
- Remove the firm red jelly from the fridge and invert onto a cutting board.
- Re-spray the same 8 x 12 pan with non-stick spray.
- With a heart cookie cutter, cut hearts out of the jelly.
- Arrange the hearts in the pan.
- Pour milk mixture over the hearts and place in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- Remove and cut into squares.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.