This is a simple butterfly paper craft that uses a lollipop as the head and body.
You will need:
- Sellotape and glue
- Sweets or lollipops
- Different decorations or glitter (optional)
- Print out the template of choice or cut these out freehand (they are very easy — if you can cut out paper hearts, you don’t need a template).
- Cut out 2 similarly sized hearts from red paper and 4 decorative smaller hearts from white paper or use different ready decorations and glitter.
- Glue or tape the two big hearts together (overlapping) to make the butterfly wings.
- Add some decorative hearts to the wings, doing your best to make both sides look the same.
- Tape the wings to the lollipop or cut two slits in the centre of the wings and thread the lollipop sticks through.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.