Heart Calzone Recipe for Kids
This Italian Heart Calzone pizza you can cook. An activity child will enjoy and it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
You will need:
For the dough:
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ¾ cup white flour
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
You will need for the filling:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Pepperoni or ham
- Vegetables (onions and mushrooms optional)
- Combine yeast, sugar and warm water and let set for 5 minutes. Mix remaining ingredients and then add yeast mixture. Let dough rise, in a warm place, for about 1-2 hours, until double in size.
- Roll out a small portion of the dough at a time, cutting two equal sized hearts. Fill middle with a thin layer of tomato sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and then layer the top with another heart and crimp the edges together with a fork. Children can help you filling the dough and crimping edges. Set on baking tray.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Test to make sure dough is done baking.
- Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.