Heart Calzone Recipe for Kids
This Italian Heart Calzone pizza you can cook. An activity child will enjoy and it’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
You will need:
For the dough:
- 1 package yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ¾ cup white flour
- 1 ¼ cup whole wheat flour
You will need for the filling:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Tomato sauce
- Pepperoni or ham
- Vegetables (onions and mushrooms optional)
- Combine yeast, sugar and warm water and let set for 5 minutes. Mix remaining ingredients and then add yeast mixture. Let dough rise, in a warm place, for about 1-2 hours, until double in size.
- Roll out a small portion of the dough at a time, cutting two equal sized hearts. Fill middle with a thin layer of tomato sauce, pepperoni, and cheese and then layer the top with another heart and crimp the edges together with a fork. Children can help you filling the dough and crimping edges. Set on baking tray.
- Bake at 400 for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Test to make sure dough is done baking.
- Serve with tomato sauce for dipping.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.
Browse other Arts and Crafts ideas from Nanny Options or keep up to date with us on Facebook.