St Patrick’s Day Hat
This St. Patrick’s Day Hat is perfect for your very own little leprechauns & is a fun activity craft & the children will enjoy wearing it too!
What you will need:
- Large sheet of green card (A1 size ideal)
- Orange paper
- Gold card
- Sticky tape
- Fold the green card in half lengthwise and cut along the fold.
- Ask someone to bend the end of the pieces of card around your head and tape to secure.
- Place your cylinder of card on the other piece and draw around the circular end. Draw another circle around the outside of the first. Cut out the larger circle and then cut snips from the outside to the inside circle to make tabs. Fold in these tabs.
- Carefully push the circle of card inside your cylinder so the tabs sit inside. Tape the tabs down. You now have a top to your hat.
- To make the brim, again draw around the end of the cylinder on the remaining green card. Draw another circle around the outside (about 10cm larger). Cut out the larger circle. Draw a small circle in the center and carefully cut this out. Cut snips from the center to the pencil line to make tabs. Fold these upwards.
- Turn your hat upside down and balance the brim on the open end so the tabs sit inside the hat. Tape the tabs down.
- Cut a band of orange paper and glue around the hat. Cut a buckle from gold card and glue it over the ban.
Nanny Tip: This is an amazing idea for a gift for St Patrick’s Day!
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.