St. Patrick’s Day Green Deviled Eggs
Surprise all your guests on St. Patrick’s Day with these green deviled eggs that are so easy to make!
What you will need:
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- mustard, chives, bacon bits, pepper, etc. (optional)
- green food coloring
- white vinegar
- ground paprika (optional)
- Place your eggs in a large pot and fill it with water, enough to cover the eggs. Bring the water to a boil, then turn down the heat to low and allow it to simmer for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, take the eggs off the heat and rinse them with cold water. Peel the eggs and cut them in half.
- Take out the yolks gently and place them in a bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare your food coloring mixture. Fill up a few glasses with water and add about 3 drops of green food coloring in each glass. Add a tsp of vinegar in each glass to help the egg whites absorb the color. Place the egg whites in the glasses. Take the whites out when they turn a pastel green color and place them on a paper towel to dry.
- Take your bowl of egg yolks and mash them with a fork. Add in 1/2 cup of mayonnaise. You can also add mustard, bacon bits, or chives to taste. You do not need to add salt because the yolks are already salty.
- Take a small spoon and fill the egg whites with the filling. Sprinkle a little bit of ground paprika over the filling (optional).
These festive deviled eggs would look great on your appetizer platter for your St. Patrick’s Day party! They are so easy to make and all you need is food coloring!
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times