Potato Prints for St. Patricks Day
Potato Prints are a great activity to keep the little ones occupied and a great keepsake for Mum’s, Dad’s, and Grandparents
What you will need:
- Three large baking potatoes
- Tempera paints
- Markers or pens
- Kitchen knife (only for parent’s use)
- Cut each potato width-wise in half. The raw surface of the potatoes will be used as stamps for the prints.
- Ask your child to draw different shapes which will be used for the designing of stamps.
- Some nice shapes are fish, star, moon, triangle, sun, smiley shape and so on. Now cut these shapes and trace them onto the potatoes’ raw surface.
- Now cut out the background with the kitchen knife.
- Now pour different paints into a bowl.
- Dip your potato stamps into that bowl and print the stamps on the paper.
- When the paint gets dry, you can highlight the stamp designs with glitters, markers, or any other decoration and keep printing!
Have fun with this activity and adult supervision at all times.