Mother’s Day Garden
This craft is an excellent way to get a toddler to explore their senses with different material and make a lovely Mother’s Day Garden gift for mum.
What you will need:
- Empty, clean glass jars
- Chalk board paint and brushes (optional)
- Chalk in different colours
- Different herb for planting e.g. Basil, Thyme, Parsley, Chives, Rosemary, Sage, and Dill
- Compost and soil
- Watering can with water
- Paint the end of each jar (about a halfway up the jar) with the chalk board paint and leave to dry.
- Fill the jar with a mixture of soil and compost almost to the top.
- Plant the seeds in the jar for one of the herbs. Then writ the name of the herb on the painted part with coloured chalk.
- Repeat the above step for all the herbs.
- Water each of the jars with a watering can once the seed have been sown.
- Finally write a personal message to your Mum on the painted part of each jar with the chalk
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times