Fruit Scones for Mother’s Day
Find out how to bake some Fruit Scones for Mother’s Day by following our easy instructions
What you will need:
- 225g self-raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 150ml milk
- 75g raisins
- 1 egg, to glaze
- Set the oven to 220˚C. Line a baking tray with baking parchment or silicone paper.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, then add the butter and “rub in” until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and raisins. Now add just enough milk to bind the mixture to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 20 -30 seconds.
- Roll out to a thickness of 2-3cms. Then use a 6cm diameter fluted cutter to cut out rounds, and place on a baking tray.
- Brush the tops of the scones with beaten egg and then bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden and cooked.
- Serve with jam and clotted cream.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times