Create a Monster For Halloween
Creating a Monster is a great way of extending the learning about Halloween and using alternative material to create artwork. It will help to develop hand-eye coordination and concentration.
What you will need:
- Egg Cartons or polystyrene balls
- Paint and paint brushes
- Felt paper (green, orange, purple, white and black)
- Paint (another option to paint the boxes)
- Cereal / tea / tissue boxes to make body of the monster
- Masking tape
- Black Marker
- Using an egg box cut out two hallows to create the eyes.
- Another option is to use the polystyrene balls.
- Using a black marker draw the eye on the front.
- Using a tea box (we used tissue boxes) tape it closed with masking tape and cut an oval shape out of the middle for the monster’s mouth.
- We used the felt paper to wrap them in 3 different colors, another option would be to paint the boxes with your favorite color.
- Cut out sets of sharp teeth from felt paper and attach inside the mouth with tape.
- Finally glue the eye to the top of the box.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision always.