Create a Monster For Halloween
Creating a Monster is a great way of extending the learning about Halloween and using alternative material to create artwork. It will help to develop hand-eye coordination and concentration.
What you will need:
- Egg Cartons or polystyrene balls
- Paint and paint brushes
- Felt paper (green, orange, purple, white and black)
- Paint (another option to paint the boxes)
- Cereal / tea / tissue boxes to make body of the monster
- Masking tape
- Black Marker
- Using an egg box cut out two hallows to create the eyes.
- Another option is to use the polystyrene balls.
- Using a black marker draw the eye on the front.
- Using a tea box (we used tissue boxes) tape it closed with masking tape and cut an oval shape out of the middle for the monster’s mouth.
- We used the felt paper to wrap them in 3 different colors, another option would be to paint the boxes with your favorite color.
- Cut out sets of sharp teeth from felt paper and attach inside the mouth with tape.
- Finally glue the eye to the top of the box.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision always.
Browse other Arts and Crafts ideas from Nanny Options or keep up to date with us on Facebook.