Father’s Day Handy Dad Heart Card
Creating this Father’s Day Handy Dad Heart Card for their Dad, extends a child’s learning and using alternative material to create artwork. It will help to develop hand-eye coordination and concentration.
What you will need:
- Yellow or foam paper
- Blue, yellow and black, construction or foam paper
- Black marker
- Letters (optional)
- Use a heart card template or cut out one.
- Fold the yellow paper (we used yellow foam paper) in half and trace the heart. Make sure to align the left side of the heart to the fold.
- Make 1″ cut in the middle of the top flip of the heart card and fold the sides to the outside to create the collar. Or user blue construction paper to cutout the patterns.
- Trace the overalls, straps and pocket on blue paper. Glue the overalls onto the heart and align the two. Glue the straps on the heart, one on each side of the overalls.
- Make 2 buttons from black paper o foam paper (another option would be to use buttons) and glue the buttons at the end of each strap.
- Trace the tools on yellow paper and cut them out. You can also use red paper for some details of the tools. Glue all the tools to one side of the pocket and glue the pocket in the middle of the overalls.
- Use the letters or black marker to write DAD in the middle of the pocket and a sweet little message inside the card.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.
Browse other Arts and Crafts ideas from Nanny Options or keep up to date with us on Facebook.