What you will need:
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g soft butter
- 100g self-rising flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the icing:
- 200g soft butter
- 200g icing sugar
- Food colouring, sprinkles, marshmallows, m&m’s or smarties etc.
- Turn the oven on to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put a paper case in each bun hole.
- Put the sugar and butter (it must be soft, or you will not be able to mix it properly) in a bowl and mix it together. Sift in the flour. Break the eggs into a separate bowl (spoon out any bits of shell that fall in) and add them to the bowl with the vanilla. Mix everything together.
- Divide between the cases using a spoon, scraping it off with a knife. Ask a grown-up helper to put the tray in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Mix the butter and icing sugar to make a creamy icing. Add colouring if you like. Push an icing nozzle into an icing bag, then scoop in the icing.
- Let the cakes cool completely in the tray. Pipe icing onto each cake and decorate with marshmallows or sprinkles, or whatever you like. Do not forget to add a sour straw for the handle or use whatever you like!
Add your favourite sweets! Smarties, Jellybeans, and Cadbury’s Mini Eggs are great for this
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.