Paper Plate Angel Ornament
Paper Plate Angel Ornament is a pretty little singing angel to bring a little Christmas cheer to your Christmas Tree. These are fun and simple to make, lovely to look at and they make great gifts.
What you will need:
- Paper Plates
- White craft glue
- Peach pink paint
- Glitter (pink and white)
- 6-inch Piece of lace
- 10-inch piece of ribbon or yarn
- Gold pipe cleaner
- Masking tape
- Pink felt
- Markers – pink and black
- Begin by painting your Paper Plate with peach paint. Allow it to dry completely.
- Dip your finger in white craft glue and “draw” two circles in the canning lid as cheeks.
- Sprinkle the cheeks with glitter and tap off the excess.
- To make the wings, cut the lace in half so you have two 3-inch pieces. Pinch the bottom together to create a fan.
- Use tape to attach to the back of your paper plate. Make sure they align with the cheeks by flipping it over and looking before continuing.
- Bend the top of the pipe cleaner into a circle and twist to secure it to itself. Tape it to the back of the paper plate so that the circle and about 1/2-inch of the stem are sticking out above the plate. Use scissors to trim off the excess pipe cleaner.
- Fold ribbon into a loop for the hanger and tape to the back of the paper plate.
- Turn the ornament face up. Bend the pipe cleaner circle toward you to create the halo. Use a black marker to add the eyes and a pink marker for the mouth.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.