Creating Christmas figures is a great way of extending the learning about Christmas. It can help children create their own stories as they use the characters in a play. Using alternative material to create artwork. It will help to develop hand-eye coordination and concentration.
What you will need:
- Pipe cleaners
- Card paper
- Colored felt
- Cotton wool
- Wooden or Styrofoam balls
- Toilet rolls
- Colored buttons
- Black and red marker
- You can use a toiled roll or card roll into a tube shape and secure with tape.
- For each figure using a wooden or Styrofoam ball for the head as shown in the picture.
- With black and red markers draw the face of the figure you would like to make and tape the ball to the top of the tube which will make the body.
- Decorate each character as per picture below, use your imagination in changing any details you want to make it personal and special.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.