Personalised Handbag for Mother’s Day
This craft is an excellent way to get a toddler to explore their senses with different material and make a lovely gift of a personalised handbag for Mother’s day.
You will need:
- Different coloured paper and card
- Paint and brushes
- Felt tip pens
- Buttons, glitter, sequences, jewel and star stickers
- Children’s safety scissor
- Glue and sellotape
- Pick the colour you would like your handbag to be. On the large colour sheet of card draw you handbag shape and include a handle.
- Draw a mirror image of the handbag underneath and cut out the shape.
- Fold the cut out shape in half so the two handles match on top of one another.
- Tape along the two sides, to close the edges of the bag and glue the handles to on another leaving the top of the bag open.
- Cut out and oval of paper and fold over the top of the bag and stick a coloured button as shown in the picture above.
- Decorate the handle of the bag with the sticker, glitter and jewels.
- Draw a design similar to the circles in the picture and use paint or felt tip pen to colour in.
- Leave a personal message inside your bag for your Mum.
Have fun with this activity and we recommend adult supervision at all times.
Nanny Tip: This is an amazing idea for a gift for Mum for Mother’s Day!